Home

SharePoint IT Pro Blog

MSDN Magazine Feed

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Patrick, you'll be greatly missed...





Yesterday I got word that the legendary SharePoint developer, presenter, author, instructor, and friend Patrick Tissghem suddenly and unexpectedly passed away. I had just talked to him over IM just a day earlier. If the name isn't familiar to you, well you have surely used some of this work. From the blog posts, the books, the screencasts... you name it, he's been instrumental in the SharePoint world for years.
But it isn't just SharePoint. Patrick was a great person... someone who was a ton of fun and a real joy to be around. I consider myself quite fortunate in working with him over email and virtually over the last few years and fortune to get to finally meet him last year at TechEd.


My thoughts are with Patrick's family and extended family at
U2U. You will be greatly missed.

No comments: